Q: What do you do with a husband that you specifically ordered him to NOT do anything for your 40th Birthday, then he throws you a Surprise Hawaiian Luau and invites 40 people?
A: Be mad for a bit, then kiss him and tell him, "Thanx!".
It was just last Thursday that I had the thought...'I am so glad that I got through my birthday without any special hooplah and Richie didn't do anything to embarrass me.' I had a great birthday and I was happy.
THEN, Saturday morning I went into the shop to find something and found a box. I walked out and asked Richie what it was and he acted so funny. The first thing he said was, "Did you look in it?" I told him I hadn't and he said it was spa chemicals. WHATEVER! Big liar. I went back in and opened it. It was full of Hawaiian decorations. I was sure it was for Cortlee's birthday and wondered why it was a secret from me so I didn't do anything else. In a few minutes he came in and asked why I had gotten into it. I told him it was because I could tell he was lying! Then he told me I had ruined my surprise party. Ouch.
His explanation was that I had said to not do anything ON my birthday. I'm sure he knew I meant FOR my birthday, on any given day, on or around the 1st...but, he said since it wasn't ON my brithday he hadn't done anything wrong.
I was very self-conscious but I will have to say that we had a great party. We have a lot of really great friends and it was just so fun to get together and visit and laugh. Richie made shredded pork for BBQ sandwiches (better than anything we ever had in Hawaii), fruit salad, green salad, and Marianne brought potato salad and Texas Sheet cake. Cherilyn brought chips and a delicious dip and Lisa brought two awesome pies, too. This is me with little Ruby. That was a highlight of the evening, too. I just love little babies!!!
(BTW...this is what 40 lookes like on me.)
Levi set-up a bar and was the bartender for the evening. We joked about him getting a Merit Badge for bartending, but he is seriously a good drink mixer. Those Edward Jones trips aren't just fun, they are educational too! He was making Guava Coladas and Pina Coladas all evening.

I'm thankful for my husband. He can cook, decorate, socialize, garden, landscape, clean house...well, you get the idea. He can do everything, except cut up a pineapple. Good thing he loves pineapple...I might be around for awhile ;) Thanx for a great party, Richie, I love you.



No comments:
Post a Comment