Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Can you read the Book of Mormon in 24 hrs?

Well, Cortlee can.  On the 16th she was woke at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep.  (I heard her tell someone something about a neighbor?)  At 9:30am she went to her YW Presidents home where at 10am they started reading the Book of Mormon.  They continued to take turns reading and having special guests all in costume come and read (like King Benjamin and Abinidi).  During the early morning hours she fell asleep for what was reported to me to by the Pres. to be about 10 minutes.  Then at 10am Thursday morning they finished the entire book!  I arrived just in time to hear her give a beautiful closing prayer.  I was so excited for her and what she had just accomplished.  When all was said and done she had been awake for over 30 hrs.  Awesome times!

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Hey Cami,
Our YW Pres is wanting to do this. Can you give me more info, or send me the pres.' email address? Thanks! maclarson@cableone.net