Track Meets and Snow..gotta love it!
I text Cortlee about 12pm and told her it was snowing and asked her what she was doing. She said they were on their way to the track. Aaarrrggghhh! She really didn't want to be doing this today. Partly because half of their relay team and many of the other kids were on a Spanish Field Trip and partly because it was 42 degrees. I was really surprised that all 5 teams showed up.
We could tell the cold slowed up everyone, but it was a good meet anyway.
SECOND in Long Jump 12' 9"
FIRST in 100m - 28.77 seconds
Most of the time it was like playing Where's Waldo...we joked that they needed to pass out ski goggles at the starting line. It was funny to watch them run with their eyes shut. Even though it snowed more than it didn't, Cortlee was lucky and it let up for most of her runs.
FIRST in 4x400m RELAY
FIRST in 200m
It was a very close race with a Snowflake chicky...
in the end Cortlee took a dive across the line for a WIN.
AND she paid for it! OUCH!!! She's pretty sore all down her left side (cheek, hip, leg, elbow).
But it worked so it was worth it, right Cortlee? :)
Only two more meets, Qualifiers and Finals.



2 comments:
She really dove across the line?! That's awesome, and painful. I can't even imagine running a track meet with it snowing. We had a few in the rain and I thought that was awful! Brrrrr!
No it was NOT worth it! I would've gladly taken 2nd to save myself from all the pain I'm feeling now. GLADLY! I DID NOT Dive...Diving is so extreme. So I simply was feeling super dizzy and needed to......lie down......
Part of the reason for the dizziness was I hadn't eaten since 6:30 a.m. I know...how dumb! You would think that the stinging in my arm would've stopped by now, well, it hasn't. Anyway...I guess I got one good thing from that...I will never forget THAT track meet.
Post a Comment