Thursday, March 11, 2010

Can you say Cytomegalovirus?

I couldn't either, so I say, "CMV".  That's what Cortlee has been diagnosed with.  It is close to mono, but doesn't have the 'most common' mono symptoms like, sleeping all day and swollen lymph nodes in the neck.  We kept thinking it just HAD to be mono, then we'd think it CAN'T be mono...so this new diagnosis makes sense.  We went to a new Dr. on Monday morning and just loved her.  Wish I would of started there 4 weeks ago.  Oh well, whadda ya do?  It could be months before it's all gone from her system but at least we know it's not something really serious.

Thanx, MaryAnne and Michelle for your comments.  Yesterday she went to school, track tryouts, and YW's.  I was shocked.  Actually, I think she was, too.  But, SHE DID IT!  We'll just take it a day at a time.  :)
 

2 comments:

Andy and Michele said...

k - school and YW are tough enough, but TRACK TRYOUTS! Sheesh. Is she okay today? I'm so glad that you know what it is. Let her know she's still in our prayers. Poor girl!

Anonymous said...

wahh wahh wahh wahhhhhhhhhhhh. :(