Friday, October 16, 2009

Sighting in the Guns for Hunting Season

This year Levi got drawn for Cow Elk and Richie, deer starting the day after Thanksgiving.  I've heard about that hunt.  It's the one all the wives complain about because their husbands leave during the holiday weekend and aren't seen for days.  Well, I'm going to my mommy and daddy's house and I'm sure Richie will get something quickly and be back to me before I know it!  :)

Anyway, we went out to the forest to sight in the guns on Tuesday afternoon.  I love the fact that in 15 minutes we can feel so far away from home.  We went to our ward campout site.  A large tree had fallen just since we were there a few weeks ago so we set up the target there.  It was a fun time.

Cortlee didn't break her tradition and climbed a tree.






Pretty good for the first round...

(that's an old tree, all those holes around the target weren't from my boys!)

This is Cortlee's other tradition.  When we are on any road that isn't highway, she sticks her head out the window.  My mom told me one time that it's dangerous on the highway, so I don't let her do that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

which I totally don't get!